Search This Blog

Saturday, January 13, 2007

The Rest Falls Away

Gleason, Colleen. The Rest Falls Away. This is the novel I won in the drawing over at Carl's. The first in a series by Gleason concerning the legacy of the Gardella family and their age-old battle with vampires. It is sort of "froth and furious" (the description of our heroine's attire as she attends the parties of the ton is the meticulously frothy aspect). The furious is the battle against evil in the form of vampires. Victoria's dreams lead her to the recognition of her role in this battle, and guided by her Aunt Eustacia, she undergoes an unusual education that prepares her for her dangerous vocation. Three men. A beautiful young woman. An ancient, but lovely and seductive vampire queen. Secrets, errors in judgement, adventure. A fun read.

347 pages.

Oops! Guess I hit "save as draft" instead of "publish." I thought this was published yesterday...

5 comments:

  1. Everyone seems to be really enjoying this book. I can't wait to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed it and glad you were the winner! Its a fun book and I look forward to book two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. iliana - It is good fun...a little romance and some high adventure.

    Carl - With all of the background out of the way, the next one will probably move faster. I'm looking forward to it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this at the bookstore this weekend and picked it up thanks to Carl's recommendation. It sounds like a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    I am glad to hear that you enjoyed TWILIGHT. About the library: I ended up just buying the books for my daughter as she loved TWILIGHT so much and the waiting list at our library was huge for NEW MOON!

    I will check into this title too.

    ReplyDelete