Search This Blog

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Variety Pack

Thanks to Jill at My Individual Take, I'm adding a new librarian blog to my list of reads, The Annoyed Librarian. Librarians seem to be good at satire. I try to visit Miss Information on a regular basis.

I'm almost finished with Break, Blow, Burn, so I'm feeling pretty good about where I am on the stack of 8 that I resolved to work on exclusively (more or less) last week. I have not ordered any more books, nor have I checked out any more library books. The month is almost over, and I've finished Candide, The Physics of the Buffyverse, Weight in the last week. Admittedly, two were very short (Candide is at the top of the stack) and the other I'd read about half of before putting it aside for a while.

I've also begun Palace Walk, and I'm enjoying it so far. Will I stick to finishing the "current project stack" even after February is over and before getting anything new?

Well, I don't know because the books that I've recently received are not in that stack, and they look so tempting.

Since this is a variety pack, here is a link to THINGS TO DO AT HOME WHEN YOU ARE BORED. :) This guy's imagination makes me grin.

And a link to J. K. Rowling's official site.

8 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to your thoughts on Palace Walk -- I'd like to read that one this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 'bored' link was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Palace Walk is on my wishlist so I'm looking forward to reading your comments on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Annoyed Librarian, too. I found her not too long ago and I enjoy popping over there to read what she's interested in lately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dorothy - It is a fascinating look at another culture. I'm moving slowly with it, but enjoying it--even when I can't comprehend the patriarchal nature of the society.

    heather - :) Yeah, he's a creative fellow, isn't he?

    Lesley - I'm working on it! I wanted to finish it in February, but don't know if I'll make it.

    BSR - I've enjoyed Annoyed Librarian's posts. My mother wanted me to be a librarian, but I didn't realize it would be so interesting! Interviewing poets and dispensing sarcasm and all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Palace Walk is wonderful (at least, I thought so!)....happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's good to stick with a reading plan sometimes and whittle down those stacks. I am always trying and always led astray! I also want to read the Mahfouz!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LK - I'm so impressed with Mahfouz's writing. The treatment of women is disturbing, but every character seems so real!

    Danielle - My stack is so assorted--each book follows a different interest. You'd love his writing, Danielle...so natural.

    ReplyDelete