Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Booking for Family

I ordered a copy of The Habit of Being for my daughter Amelia, and a book on graphology for my SIL ~ and both came in yesterday. However, since Amelia was leaving on a cruise before her copy arrived, she borrowed my copy (all highlighted and tagged) and will have to trade back when she returns home.

Robin had mentioned her interest in handwriting (as an Adaptive P.E. teacher, she's interested in so many things that our physical movements reveal), so I ordered her a copy of Handwriting Analysis: Putting It to Work for You by Andrea McNichol. A number of years ago, one of my friends was talking about a friend of her mother's who worked for various insurance companies doing handwriting analysis. After some research, I bought McNichol's book and really enjoyed it. McNichol has consulted for the FBI, the U.S. Department of Justice, Scotland Yard, the U.S. Department of Defense, and Fortune 500 companies -- very interesting stuff. I couldn't find my copy which is boxed up somewhere, so I ordered Robin her own copy. Now, I wish I could find mine!

Still need to review The Silent Tower by Barbara Hambly. Have begun The Book of Lost Things.

2 comments:

  1. Jenclair, I have always been interested in what our physical movements reveal about ourselves.Over the years I have collected many books on body language, face reading etc. I happen to have very distinctive handwriting and that adds to my curiosity about what that might reveal. I am going to see if my library has a copy of the Andrea McNichol book..I so hope they do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lotus - Yes, body language reveals so much if you are observant. Our facial expressions and movements and handwriting are often more "readable" than we think. I hope your library has the book!

    ReplyDelete