Search This Blog

Monday, May 21, 2007

Monday Morning...

I appreciate all of your good thoughts and wishes! Laddie is feeling better and has had all sorts of tests run, with another one scheduled for this morning.

I've gotten less reading done than I expected for all of the hours at the hospital, but did finish Mystery Mile, one of the Campion series by Margery Allingham that Jill sent me. Talk about about a quirky English sleuth! Can't wait to begin the next one. Have also been reading Mirror, Mirror on the Wall: Women Writers Explore Their Favorite Fairy Tales, but the mystery is taking precedence, so I'm packing Police at the Funeral for Today.

Thanks again for the nice comments and good thoughts for Laddie.

9 comments:

  1. I'm so glad he's doing better, Jenclair. I'm not surprised that you didn't get as much reading done as you thought you would. Hospitals really aren't the best places for reading, even though there's plenty of time when we're there. Just too many distractions, and usually too much anxiety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear he's feeling better, Jenclair. I could never read at a hospital, although I always try to find a quiet enough corner in such places. Otherwise, it gets boring awfully fast. I'm glad you're able to concentrate enough to finish a book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been so busy and haven't had a chance to read up on my favorite blogs. I'm sorry to hear that your dad has been ill, but apparently he's doing better now. I'll continue to keep him (and you) in my thoughts in the days to come. Try to get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to hear that he's doing better, hope that continues.

    I've never managed to read in hospitals, bar the newspaper or a magazine...so you're doing pretty well in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading in the hospital is always difficult even though you'd think it would be a perfect place with all the waiting and sitting about. Glad Laddie is doing better. I hope he continues on the road to recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Allingham and you make me realise just how long it is since I read anything by her. Is this one with Amanda in it? If not, then you need to see if you can find any that have; they're even quirkier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope things are better for your dad now!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear that things are better and hope and pray that he continues to recover and is out and about soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad things are better. For hospitals, try crossword puzzles or Sudoku. Reading is nearly impossible.

    ReplyDelete