Search This Blog

Monday, December 29, 2008

Another Lovely Christmas

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

As usual, I'm still behind in reviewing books, but I'm trying now to catch up.

One book that I'm currently reading, The Vigorous Mind, is helping me formulate goals for the coming year. This book was send by TLC Book Tours and my review is scheduled for Jan. 20th. I am finding it fascinating reading and am already trying to activate the process in my life. What reader wouldn't want to become more of a Renaissance mind?

Well, more about that later, I guess; I'll include the steps I'm taking (and considering for the future) after I publish the review. The book will certainly be influencing my reading for the coming year; in fact, it already is! I made a trip to the library today and kept The Vigorous Mind in mind :) when choosing my books. There is also that order from Amazon that I made yesterday.

I also picked up Amy Bloom's Away -- a result of this review at A Life in Books.

One of the best gifts I received this year is a book of photographs of my granddaughter Bryce Eleanor's first year. My daughter made it through Shutterfly, and it is a marvelous photographic unfolding from birth to first birthday!

Looking forward to spending 2009 sharing books with you.

5 comments:

  1. I may not wait for your review of The Vigorous Mind to buy it. I received a couple of Amazon coupons for Christmas. Wonderful present.

    That's a fabulous present - a book of your granddaughter's first year. A real treasure. I made my mother a photo book through PhotoWorks of our recent trip to the Oregon Coast together. It was my first attempt at making a bound book. I thought it turned out well.

    Best Wishes for the coming New Year, Jenclair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Belated Christmas! I hope you've been enjoying the holiday and it sounds like you are having some fun with books :)

    I can't wait to hear more about this book - I'm intrigued!

    I have Away waiting for me too and can't wait to get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. booklogged - I'm trying to read A Vigorous Mind slowly as there is a lot to absorb and many sources that I want to check on, but I am finding it difficult not to keep picking it up!

    Amazon coupons make such great gifts, don't they? I have a long Wish List that I keep adding to so coupons can be used quickly.

    Aren't the bound books that are available now wonderful? They are a wonderful way to remember a trip or an event or a grandchild's first year!

    Best Wishes to you, too, Cheya!

    iliana - And a Happy New Year to you! Yes, I'm having a great time with The Vigorous Mind and my reading plans for 2009. I will be giving a few more hints soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you had a nice Christmas, Jenclair. The photo album sounds like a real treasure. :-)

    Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LF - It was a very nice Christmas (with the exception of missing one daughter and 2 grandkids). The book of Bryce Eleanor's first year is a exactly that, a real treasure.

    ReplyDelete