Search This Blog

Saturday, April 12, 2014

The Wizard's Promise by Cassandra Rose Clarke

The Wizard's Promise     

I wanted to like this book.  It's beautiful cover seemed so promising, but The Wizard's Promise failed to keep its promise.

It isn't that the book is awful, by any means.  It is, however, slow...and a little dull.  None of the characters have any depth to them, and Hanna, the protagonist, is not very sympathetic, even the "exciting" adventures lacked real tension.  

I wish I could have liked it better, but I know the next in the series will go on without me.

Read in March; review scheduled for April 12.

NetGalley/Angry Robot

YA/Juv./Fantasy.  May 6, 2014.  

4 comments:

  1. That's too bad. I have heard that Angry Robots can be sort of hit or miss, but that is like any publishing company!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, NetGalley is always hit or miss, but for every miss, there are always those wonderful hits! Angry Robots always has interesting titles, and I'm sorry that this one wasn't as good as expected, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a shame. The cover really is attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd hoped to like it better, but that is the luck of the draw.

    ReplyDelete