Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

A Dark and Twisted Tide by Sharon Bolton

Sharon Bolton (previously S.J. Bolton) has added another Lacy Flint novel to her series.  I've only read Dead Scared in this series featuring Lacy Flint and Mark Joesbury, but I've read a couple of Bolton's stand-alone Gothic/Suspense novels:  Blood Harvest and Sacrifice.

I've missed a couple in the Lacy Flint series, and evidently Lacy has made an attempt to get away from the horror of some her last cases by leaving the detective unit and going back into uniform with the River Police.

Poor Lacy--her attempt to escape the darker side of police work doesn't work too well.  While swimming in the Thames, she comes across the shrouded body of a young woman, secured and waiting for Lacy to discover her.

Despite her efforts to remove herself from this kind of investigation, she finds herself drawn into another dangerous situation.  And someone is watching Lacy, delivering strange gifts that seem to hint at something that she doesn't yet understand.

In the meantime, Mark Joesbury has been on an undercover assignment, and there are suspicions that he may have turned.  

An intriguing mystery with some curious characters.  I need to catch up on the books I've missed.

Read in April; review scheduled for May.

NetGalley/St. Martin's Press/Minotaur Books.

Mystery/Police Procedural.  June 3, 2014.  Print version:  448 pages.

7 comments:

  1. Interesting that she's allowed to be openly a woman now she's had some success. I'm at least two behind in the series now - I've enjoyed the first couple a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd only read the first one in the series featuring Lacy Flint, so I need to catch up as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of those authors on my must read list. I've heard such great things about her books. I am glad you enjoyed this one, Jenclair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy - Bolton can certainly do suspense!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed Dead Scared! I need to read the other books too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed Dead Scared! I need to read her other books too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melody - I like the Lacy Flint series better than the stand-alones for some reason. But then, I'm always a sucker for a series. :)

    ReplyDelete