Search This Blog

Sunday, December 28, 2014

The Fourth Rule of Ten by Gay Hendricks and Tinker Lindsay

The Fourth Rule of Ten

I've read all of the Rules of Ten now, thanks to NetGalley.

Book description:  Ex–Buddhist monk, former LAPD detective, and current private investigator Tenzing “Ten” Norbu knows Bill Bohannon as many things: loving husband, devoted father, police administrator, former partner, and best friend. But then an uninvited guest from Bill’s past upends the Bohannons’ Fourth of July barbecue....

Ten finds himself disappointed in his best friend, trying to unravel a human trafficking organization, traveling to Sarajevo, and finally, hopeful about the return of an old flame.

Of course, there are the recurring voices of Ten's old friends from the Tibetan monastery and frequent references to Buddhist philosophy as he attempts to untangle all the twists in this tale.  

How does an ex-monk manage his philosophical beliefs with the violence often required in his role of private investigator?  

I really like this series, but although I enjoyed this latest installment, this is not my favorite.

NetGalley/Hay House

Mystery/Action.  Jan. 5, 2015.  Print length:  344 pages. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm interested in learning more about this series. Too bad this installment wasn't the best for you but perhaps it is just a stumble for the author, and the next book will be better. Do you still recommend this whole series to folks as an enjoyable read they should pick up? Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an interesting main character, given his background. I remember you talking about previous books in the series and am definitely interested in giving this one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these books. I've bought this one, but haven't read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting character. I've not heard of this series so I've to check them out.

    ReplyDelete